The HypAir offers a wide range of pulmonary function tests in a single system.
With high quality open circuit spirometry, lung volumes, diffusion, respiratory mechanics and more, the HypAir is the ideal device for complete, modular pulmonary function testing.
> download (pdf): HypAir
- Compact system with cart or table-top configurations
- Ability to upgrade options over time
- High precision, reliable, accurate, and stable gold-standard Lilly heated pneumotachograph with no moving parts
- Low cost of operation and low maintenance
Expair software suite with complete operator and patient guide included
The HypAir is a full and comprehensive system built to allow for complete muscle and neural drive studies.
A single mouthpiece connects the subject. This permits the measurement of flow at the mouth with a Lilly Pneumotachograph. The occlusion valve attaches to the distal end of the flow transducer and permits rapid occlusion with pneumatic control.
The respiratory band placed at the abdomen measures the diaphragmatic shift and amplitude during efforts. A twin lumen balloon can be placed or two single balloons to present the pressure at the oesophagus and at the diaphragm.
The use of a two channel EMG to measure changes at the Diaphragm allows the synchronisation of the signal with the pressure waveform. In a later stagem, it is proposed to align the signal with the flow produced at the mouth as a complete picture of the work of breathing.
The control of electro-magnetic stimulation permits the triggering of neuro-muscular responses (using an additional electro stimulator available as an external device).
The instantaneous inspiratory pressure study measured at 100 milliseconds into the inspiratory cycle of tidal breathing responses can further be added to carbon dioxide re-breathing stimulation.
All measurement programs in the HypAir pulmonary function system are controlled by the powerful Expair software. Featured in the standard configuration are the following testing options.
Basic Spirometry: Includes Forced Vital Capacity, Slow Vital Capacity, Maximum Voluntary Ventilation and Minute Tidal Ventilation including bronchochallenge testing software.
Choice of 2 Lung Volumes Methods (FRC, VC, IC , ERV, RV, TLC):
Medisoft is the only manufacturer featuring a choice of 2 lung volume methods
Multi Breath N2 washout / LCI (Lung Clearance Index) including closing volume (N2 Slope):
He Dilution by closed circuit He dilution technique with O2 compensation and CO2 absorption with re-breathing bag.
CHOICE OF SIX DLCO OPTIONS
Medisoft is the only manufacturer featuring a choice of six diffusion methods, making the BodyBox the ideal system for all main diagnostic tests.
- Single Breath with Helium trace gas (He)
- Rapid Gas Analysis Diffusion (RTD) with single breath using Helium trace gas (He) or Methane trace gas (CH4 )
- Re-breathing Diffusion with Helium trace gas (He) and using inspiratory bag
- Intra Breath Diffusion with Cardiac Output (Qc)
- DLCO-NO dual diffusion method (Trace gas He) (exclusive) with membrane diffusion (DM) and Capillary blood volume (Vc)
- Steady State Real Time Diffusion TlCO ss (exclusive)
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS TO COMPLETE YOUR PULMONARY DIAGNOSTIC TESTING
Bronchoprovocation and Special Resistance Testing:
- PROVO4 Provocation System: automated, software controlled, accurate and safe bronchial provocation testing.
- RINT: resistance measurement using interrupter technique. Ideal for children.
- NEP (negative expiratory pressure): alternative method to detect expiratory flow limitation, which does not require performance of forced expiratory efforts on the part of the patient, or a body plethysmography test.
Respiratory Mechanics Testing:
- MIP – MEP (maximum inspiratory and maximum expiratory pressure): indicator of respiratory muscle strength.
- SNIP: maximal nasal inspiratory pressure using a nasal cannula. A non-invasive indicator of diaphragmatic muscle fatigue.
- P01: inspiratory occlusion pressure at 0.1 seconds, for respiratory muscle drive evaluation.
- Static and dynamic compliance and resistance: measured by intra-oesophageal balloon catheters.
The HypAir pulmonary function system can be combined with the following devices:
ECG, FeNO+, FOT Resmon Pro, SpiroAir, HypAir, Micro 5000, Ergocard Professional, Ergocard Clinical.
Physical Dimensions :
(H x W x D) cm
13.7 x 40 x 34
Standing - 140 x 73 x 55
Seated - 120 x 73 x 55
± 12 kg
± 35 kg
Power Requirements: 230 VAC 50 Hz or 115 VAC 60 Hz
Power Consumption: 100 VA (module)
Warmup Time: 20 minutes
Meets All Electrical Safety Requirements: IEC60601/1
CE MDD 93/42/EC, Class IIa
Computer Interfacing: Windows 7 Pro / Ultimate / 8.0 / 8.1 ™
Serial interface RS232
Temperature: 10 - 35°c
Relative Humidity: 25 to 85 % (non condensed)
Barometric Pressure: No restriction